Us in Florida

Us in Florida

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Well, here goes....

 Hayden

 Colton


Teagan


Hello everyone! As you all, or most of you know, we're expecting our 4th and final baby in July of 2011.
This was a surprise to us, and I'm sure some of you probably didn't bat an eye when you found out. We always said we wanted to have at least 3 kids, but never imagined in a million years we'd end up with 3 in 2 pregnancies.

So, this past summer the baby itch started again for both of us, but we quickly brushed it off because of Jessica starting school, our trip to Florida, and moving. It just didn't seem like it was the "right" time to start trying again. We both knew from our past experiences that there really wasn't any trying involved persay, especially with the easy time we had conceiving with the twins. It was discussed more and more, and we decided to start "trying" in July of 2011, but if something happened before then, then it did.

With it decided to start "trying" in July of 2011, we kind of put the idea out of our minds of a new baby any sooner then April of 2012. Florida came and went, Halloween came and went, and Jessica's monthly visit from her Aunt Flo didn't come. After Teagan, I have a sixth sense of sorts to keep an eye on these things. I mentioned something to her near Halloween, she didn't think anything of it. I said something about a week or so later, and she said I'll give it a little bit yet.

A few weeks before Thanksgiving, I said "Maybe you should take a test." She went and got some tests and took one, it was negative. A few days later she took another, negative; we began to think it was stress related. About a week later, I said something again, and I had bought more tests. She took one the day before Thanksgiving while I was at work.

She messaged me and said "I'm going to pee on a stick again."

I said, "Ok, just let me know." I had a sneaking suspicion it would be positive a long time ago but it never was.

She messaged me about 3 minutes later while I was finishing up work and ironically I was going to turn in my 2 week notice this day prior to clocking out for the day. It was a picture of a pregnancy test. A positive pregnancy test. I showed my co-worker, she screamed. This scream could be heard echoing the halls of the nursing home, which in turn summoned several of my co-workers to find out what the commotion was about. Within a few minutes, the majority of the people I work with knew that Jess & Jessica were expecting again.

I got home from work, and we discussed we weren't going to tell the kids until Christmas day/night when they open their presents, and we do something fun to tell them they'll have another baby. However, it was a little more difficult to not tell other people. Jessica was nervous to tell her parents. I told her the damage is done, not a whole lot we can do about it now. By that evening everyone knew.


We're still trying to adjust to the fact that we'll quickly be the parents of 4 kids under the age of 5. Its a true blessing, but also something I never imagined.

This blog is going to follow the ups, downs and all-arounds from both of our perspectives through the pregnancy journey. We'll post pictures, weekly updates from both our angles and what we find out from the doctor.

Hope everyone enjoys this!! It'll be a fun ride!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment